Friday, August 18, 2017

A Page a Day

As a rule of thumb, there are 250 words to a page.  In an effort to keep myself writing, I am doing 250 words a day.

One of my favorite authors, J. Michael Straczynski, once alluded to the fact that, if you did write something, at least there was something to edit later.  I think what he says is true, though I look at it a little differently.  For me, I figure that most of what I write is crap, so I might as well the bad stuff out of the way to get to the good stuff.

This tacitly assumes that there is, indeed some good stuff.

At any rate, I am going to keep trying to write at least 250 words a day.  If, after a week, I am still doing that I will try for 500, and so on until I reach 1,000 words a day (4 pages).  I figure that's a good goal to shoot for.

No comments:

Post a Comment